Shawn, born and raised in Northwest Arkansas, has been an avid soccer player and runner for most of his life. He began playing soccer as soon as he was able to walk and continued playing throughout his college years at John Brown University. He began competitive running in 9th grade and has continued since then. During his undergraduate years, Shawn studied Biology and Chemistry at John Brown where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree. He furthered his scholastic career earning two more degrees, a Masters of Science in Leadership and Ethics, as well as, a Masters of Business Administration. His thirst for knowledge and academic achievement is still evident today as he continues his pursuit of a PhD in Exercise Science. Though he enjoys the thrill of competition, he finds himself competing less these days as his focus has shifted to coaching his athletes to new levels of achievement.
Along with his academic achievements, Shawn has earned highly accredited coaching certificates from USATF (USA Track & Field) and IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations). His striving for excellence has earned him the USATF Level III certificate, as well as, the IAAF Level V certificate, making him one of only a select group of individuals in the world to receive this distinction. A self-taught swimmer and cyclist, he also holds the USAT (USA Triathlon) Level II certificate, the ASCA (American Swimming Coaches Association) Level II certificate and the USAC (USA Cycling) Level II certificate. Throughout his career, he has had the honor of coaching all levels of athletes, from beginners to elite professionals.
Since its creation in 2012, Triple Threat Racing has been Shawn’s passion, reaching athletes across the nation.
- Triathlon Development – $325/month
- Running Development – $195/month
- Cycling Development – $195/month
- Triathlon Swim Development – $75/month
Whats included when coached by Shawn
- Individually customized training plan built weekly
- Unlimited access to your coach via email or phone
- 100% discount on all other TTR services
- Premium training peaks account
- Access to all team and group training sessions
- Unlimited one-on-one sessions with your coach as needed; to be determined by your coach
- Development of annual training plan that considers your goal events and other personal priorities
- Specific targeting of physiological limiters, and monitoring of progress throughout the season
- Regular testing and progress reports
- Detailed race execution analysis, including analysis of power, pace and heart rate files for race day success
- Specific pacing plans for all your events including wattage recommendations on the bike
- Guaranteed best prices on all TTR Gear
- Premium discounts from TTR Sponsors
- Discounted rate with our team’s Registered Sports Dietitian
- Discounted rate with our team’s Strength and Conditioning Coaches
– This option is the absolute top-of-the-line coaching package for motivated athletes.